Please view the below options to discover how you can travel to the Phase 5 Online Site
Personal Journey Planner
Do you want to discover alternative ways to travel to work? You can book a virtual Journey plan with the Travel2Next team using Google Meets.
Not Keen on video calls, not a problem, email Travel2Next and we will be happy to create your personal journey plan for you
Driving To Work As A Lone Driver
All Next staff are required to register their vehicle and display a valid parking permit, and any additional vehicles they may use on an occasional basis, with the Travel2Next team by using our Travel Registration Form to register or report a change to your method of travel to work. Once your vehicle details have been provided your registration will be added to the ANPR barrier entry system and the barrier will automatically open as you approach it.
Own An Electric Or Hybrid Car?
If you own an electric or hybrid car, you could make use of the car charging points on site. These spaces operate using a BUDi system in which a number of employees share a space in a BUDi team to ensure all cars get a full charge. To be allocated into a BUDi team please contact Travel2Next
Plan Your Route
Are You A New Starter?
Do You Need A Disabled Space?
Steps Nursery Parking
Emergency Get You Home Scheme
The company operates an emergency get you home scheme, to ensure staff that travel by sustainable methods can get home in the event of an emergency.
To be eligible to use the get you home scheme, you must be registered as an employee that travels to work in a sustainable method by completing the online form.
The scheme can be used for the following examples
- A colleague drove you to work, but has gone home ill, the emergency get you home scheme will take you home.
- If you traveled by public bus or Woods coaches, and a child takes ill at school, the scheme will take you to your child’s school
- If a colleague brought you to work, but you take ill, the scheme will take you home
- You can’t use the scheme for any pre-booked medical appointments, in these instances you would need to arrange your own transport.
Because the Head Office site is so busy, it is really important that you use the designated crossing points.
Staff that do not use these points run the risk of losing their bonus payment.
During peak traffic flow, staff are only able to use the crossing point located by the Home department. All other crossing points will be closed, please do not try to open the barriers or climb over them.
- The site operates a 20mph speed limit (5mph inside the multi-storey car park), all staff and visitors must stick to this speed limit
- Stop at the zebra crossing when you see someone waiting to cross
- Always follows the directions of our traffic marshals
- Never use a mobile phone whilst driving (If spotted you will be reported to your Director)
- Do not cut through bays for a quicker exit
- Always follow the one way exit system
- Clearly indicate and drive with careful consideration when switching lanes whilst entering or leaving site
- If travelling from A47 Hinckley Road, along Desford Road to Head Office, ensure you wait for the filter light before turning onto site.
Need A Taxi Or Chauffeur
Here are some local companies you may wish to use:
- Club Taxis 01162313001
- Express Taxis 01162777999
- Snowys Taxis 01162865432
- Narborough Taxis 01162848444
- Leicester Executive Chauffeurs 0116324004
- Midland Chauffeur Services 08000096179
- CK Cars 07738877712
Travelling By Bus - Head Office & Phase 5 Free Service
At Head Office you have the added benefit of a FREE Next staff coach service that links both Leicester City Centre and a number of local destinations to the Head Office site at Enderby.
During the global pandemic a restricted service is in use, please click here to see more details of this service.
These private staff bus services are operated by Woods Coaches.
Staff will need to show the driver their bus pass when getting on to the coach. If you haven’t got a coach pass please contact us to arrange for one to be sent to your department.
In total there are seven coaches that travel between Leicester and Next in the morning, and five buses that return in an evening. At different times these services follow different routes, details of which can be seen by clicking on the downloadable timetable below.
There are also two additional services that run from Glen Parva and Hinckley.To book your place on the free Head Office coach service please use our Travel Registration Form to register or report a change to your method of travel to work.
Please be aware that if you use the Woods coach for all or part of your journey you will not be eligible to claim a travel incentive voucher as you are receiving free transport. Expand the toggles below to view routes and times.
Should your coach be late turning up, please call the Woods 24 hour line number for a service status update please call
Using Public Transport
Take a fresh look at travel by bus! If you have not used a bus for some time we believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the exceptional quality of bus services on local routes.
The Hinckley Bus service x55, which was previously service 148, travels from Fosse Park, via Next Head Office, to Hinckley. The timetable for this service can be seen by Clicking Here
Arriva Discount Offer
Employees at Next are able to make savings when purchasing a monthly Arriva ticket, to find out more on this great offer please head over to Arriva select your region, choose your ticket and set up a monthly direct debit. Your ticket will be posted to your home address each month.
FirstBus Discount Offer
Employees at Next are able to make savings when purchasing monthly tickets through FirstBus.
To take advantage of this offer contact us for a one time pass code then visit Firstbus create a profile and purchase your discounted ticket.
ArrivaClick - The New On-Demand Service
Walking To Work
Need To Plan Your Journey?
Get A Travel Incentive Voucher
Benefits Of Walking
Walking is a great way of burning calories, which helps maintain a healthy weight, but there are lots of other health benefits too, helping you to achieve a more healthier lifestyle overall.
Walking can help:
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Reduce high cholesterol and lower blood pressure
- Increase mobility and flexibility
- Increase joint, muscle and bone strength which helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Lower the risk of developing certain types of cancer such as colon cancer and lung cancer by staying active
- Achieve a more toned and supple physique helping you stay healthy for longer
Walking is a safe activity, however it is always best to be prepared and understand your surroundings. The following tips are designed to help make walking an enjoyable experience with your safety in mind.
- Look out for other road users, when crossing roads it is easier to hear cars and other motor vehicles, but cyclists are much quieter.
- Gradually build up your walking stamina. Take it steady at first to help prevent yourself from overdoing it. With regular activity you will quickly see the benefits of walking and notice a vast improvement to your overall fitness.
- Wear suitable clothing and make sure you are prepared if the weather turns. Be sure to wear bright clothes and reflective clothing if you have to walk at night.
- Wear suitable shoes as well to prevent blisters etc.
- Cross roads at suitable crossings, always remembering to look both ways, and try to keep to well lit pathways.
- Consider finding a walking buddy from your work site by creating a free profile on Commute2Next
Cycling To Work
Register As A Cyclist
We would like to remind cyclists to be considerate if they use footpaths as part of their cycling journey to or from work. Cycling on footpaths could potentially lead to a fixed penalty notice. We would encourage all cyclists to please read the informative article about cycling and the law by clicking on the image below.
Plan Your Journey
CycleStreets is a handy online tool that allows you to plan your journey by bicycle. Not only does it tell you the best route, it also tells you how many calories you would burn and how hilly the route is. Plan your journey by clicking on the image below.
Next work in partnership with Cycle Cycles located on Narborough Road, Leicester. Staff wishing to purchase a bicycle or accessories are able to get a discount. Please show your NEXT ID card at the time of purchase.
City Cycles will offer Next staff a discount on all bike purchases (Please show your ID card at the time of purchase). Next staff can also benefit from a 0% interest free offer from 6 months to 36 months to help spread the cost of your bike. To take advantage of this offer please call CityCycles directly by clicking here.
Travelling By Train
Register As A Train User
Live Departure Boards
Calculate Your Fare
Do you travel to work on your own, would you like someone to travel with?
Claim £2 A Day Just By Travelling Sustainably!
As an incentive to travel to work sustainably Next are offering a £2 ** Travel Incentive voucher which can be redeemed at the Enderby and Gedding Road Staff shops.
To be eligible to claim a voucher you must travel to work by the following methods:
Walk to Work
Cycle to Work
Use a Public Bus
Use a Train
Get Dropped Off
Travel by Motorbike/Moped
** Please note your entire journey from home to work must be made in a sustainable manner **
In order to collect your voucher you need to head to reception between 08:30 – 12:30 Monday to Friday (0830-1700 at Phase 5 reception only) and fill out the voucher form to confirm how you traveled to work that day. If you are busy in meetings your voucher can be collected by a colleague, they must fill in your details though.
Vouchers cannot be claimed by those using the free staff bus service for all or part of their journey.
Vouchers cannot be backdated and must be collected on the day of travel.
Vouchers cannot be claimed on weekends or Christmas week, 26th December to 2nd January.
All staff that sustainably travel to work must register their mode of travel using the Travel Registration Form to be entitled to claim vouchers.
Vouchers can only be redeemed on staff shop purchases. They cannot be used for Directory orders or to purchase gift cards.
Eco Driving At Next