Please see below to discover your various travel options to the Warrington site.
Driving To Work
DRIVING TO WORK
Driving To Next As A Lone Driver
All Next staff are required to register their vehicle, and any additional vehicles they may use on an occasional basis, with the Travel2Next team by using our Travel Registration Form to register or report a change to your method of travel to work.
Does Your Site Have Parking?
The site has staff parking, but does not have any disabled parking or Car Charging ports for Electric or Hybrid Cars.
Click on the image below to view the current petrol and diesel prices
Because the site is so busy, it is really important that you use the designated crossing points.
- The site operates a 20mph speed limit, all staff and visitors must stick to this speed limit
- Stop at the zebra crossing when you see someone waiting to cross
- Never use a mobile phone whilst driving (If spotted you will be reported to your Director)
- Always follow the correct exit system
- Clearly indicate and drive with careful consideration when switching lanes whilst entering or leaving site
Need A Taxi?
Here are some local companies you may wish to use:
- ABBA Taxis 01925444444
- Direct Taxis 01925244244
The Arriva service caters the Warrington sites. The timetable for this service can be seen by clicking on the link below.
Arriva Discount Offer
Employees at Next are able to make savings when purchasing a monthly Arriva ticket, to find out more on this great offer please head over to Arriva , select your region, choose your ticket and set up a monthly direct debit. Your ticket will be posted to your home address each month.
First Bus Discount Offer
Employees at Next are able to make savings when purchasing monthly tickets through FirstBus. To take advantage of this offer contact us for a one time pass code then visit FirstBus, create a profile and purchase your discounted ticket.
To view live traffic updates for your area, please view this online tool, which can be seen by clicking on the image below.
WALKING TO WORK
Walking to work is a fantastic way to get and stay healthy, and best of all it is free. In fact did you know that by walking for half an hour a day you can half the risk of heart disease?
Walking to work, or even part of the way, is a good way of building exercise into your daily routine and a great commuting option.
Because it is easy to fit into everyday life people who walk tend to keep it up. And as you will see regular exercise is exactly what you need to improve your health.
Need To Plan Your Journey?
Get a route map between and two points, including your journey time, calorie burn, step count and carbon saving. It is quick, free, healthy and green. This planner tool can be seen by clicking on the image below.
Benefits Of Walking
Walking is a great way of burning calories, which helps maintain a healthy weight, but there are lots of other health benefits too, helping you to achieve a more healthier lifestyle overall
Walking can help:
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Reduce high cholesterol and lower blood pressure
- Increase mobility and flexibility
- Increase joint, muscle and bone strength which helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Lower the risk of developing certain types of cancer such as colon cancer and lung cancer by staying active
- Achieve a more toned and supple physique helping you stay healthy for longer
Walking is a safe activity, however it is always best to be prepared and understand your surroundings. The following tips are designed to help make walking an enjoyable experience with your safety in mind.
- Look out for other road users, when crossing roads it is easier to hear cars and other motor vehicles, but cyclists are much quieter.
- Gradually build up your walking stamina. Take it steady at first to help prevent yourself from overdoing it. With regular activity you will quickly see the benefits of walking and notice a vast improvement to your overall fitness.
- Wear suitable clothing and make sure you are prepared if the weather turns. Be sure to wear bright clothes and reflective clothing if you have to walk at night.
- Wear suitable shoes as well to prevent blisters etc.
- Cross roads at suitable crossings, always remembering to look both ways, and try to keep to well lit pathways.
- Consider finding a walking buddy from your work site, we will be implementing this as a new scheme in 2019.
CYCLING TO WORK
Commuting by bicycle is great for your health as it gives you a low-impact workout twice a day. You will get to work awake and ready to start your day, and you will look forward to the journey home instead of dreading being stuck in traffic.
At Warrington, cyclists are provided with a cycle stands located in the car park, however shower facilities are not available. If you would like further information on the location of these facilities or have any questions/suggestions in relation to cycling please contact us.
Register As A Cyclist
Please use our Travel Registration Form to register or report a change to your method of travel to work.
We would like to remind cyclists to be considerate if they use footpaths as part of their cycling journey to or from work. Cycling on footpaths could potentially lead to a fixed penalty notice. We would encourage all cyclists to please read the informative article about cycling and the law by clicking on the image below.
Plan Your Journey
CycleStreets is a handy online tool that allows you to plan your journey by bicycle. Not only does it tell you the best route, it also tells you how many calories you would burn and how hilly the route is. Plan your journey by clicking on the image below.
Would you like to cycle, but have not been on a bike for years? You can attend a free cycle training course to build your confidence. Please use the contact us form to find out more
TAKING A TRAIN TO WORK
Depending on where you are travelling from may dictate whether or not commuting by train, tube or tram is practical for you. Those who can travel to work by train may be able to save time and money whilst enjoying a more pleasant journey without the stresses of driving through rush hour traffic.
Warrington Central sstation services the Warrington site
Register As A Train User
If you travel by train please register your journey by completing the Travel Registration Form
Calculate Your Fare
To work out how much your train fares would be please use the Season Ticket Calculator by clicking on the image below.